Position: Communication /Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 8 months
The Elephant Neighbors Center (ENC) is a national not-for-profit organization that facilitates the maintaining of humans and wildlife coexistence, protect the African elephant and secure landscapes for elephants outside protected areas through various initiatives and multi-stakeholder partnerships. ENC goals and objective emphasis on a three-tier approach that integrate Community knowledge, Environment and Livelihoods elements to resolve key problems and biases facing conservation in Kenya
The Elephant Neighbors Center is looking for an experienced Campaign Manager to strengthen the ongoing “ Gras-root elephant campaign under the Conservation and Education Program of ENC in Nairobi, Kenya. The Campaign communication will report to the ENC Executive Director work closely with the Wildlife organization, Donors and Corporates. S/he will be responsible for project delivery across during the Horn of Africa East African grass-root elephant education campaign scheduled for July/August 2019 across Kenya- Ethiopia and Eritrea. S/he is expected to maintain foster the partnership coordination, and ensuring effective communication between all stakeholders. The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain relationships with external organizations and identified programme target audiences. More specifically the role will include:
• Operationalize the campaign framework and proposals including and not limited to: designing campaign implementation plans, strategies, oversight and coordination of operations and management
• Develop fundraising strategies, coordinate fundraising and mobilizing resources for the campaign from various partners while ensuring the various campaign objectives and activities have attractive sponsorship packages that can attract these prospect partners.
• Negotiate, final authorization and financial close representative of the campaign to partnerships and sponsorships.
• Coordinate, review and evaluation of campaign activities and ensure proper implementation promotion, publicity and documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for disseminating and sharing experiences to the campaign target audiences and partners to promote scale up and grow of the campaign within the set guides and plans.
• Suitable candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Projects/Campaign management, corporate management/governance or other related fields.
• Have at least three (3) years relevant experiences and expertise in campaigns, projects management and fundraising.
• Ability to work collaboratively both with individuals and institutions of diverse background and within a multidisciplinary and multicultural setting; good leadership, communication and interpersonal skill.
• Strong communicator able to anticipate audience needs, concerns or objections and develop appropriate responses and produce clear, persuasive and logical arguments with recommendations for action
• Ability to work in the field- Campaign
• Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team, to meet deadlines and work under high and sudden pressure, and to deal with a variable workload
• Confident user in MS Office and Windows applications – intermediate level.
• Age limit above 27 years and below 35 years
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Qualified candidates are invite to submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the Lead campaign Ambassador firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com soonest. Your CV should include details of your qualifications, experiences, current position, telephone contact, email address, name and address of three referees.